Friday, October 3, 2014

PALS WITH THE BIG G: The need for reflection

It has been a while since I've had a chance to post regularly on my blog, something that I am very sorry to my followers for; but my artwork has actually been making progress on a regular basis over at Tapastic and I'm happy to say that we are approaching the half way point of Zombie Shark Bear Episode 1 (something that seemed so far away just a few months ago).

I intend to post ZSB here on the blog soon with some extra commentary. Also, I'll be posting that late review of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist when the blu ray comes out, but I would definitely suggest watching it if you get the chance.

Anyway, as this is a "Pals with the Big G" post, it's going to be religion related, so if that's not really your thing this is the head's up- though I do think that mindful consideration of others' point of view is a good thing to consider (I certainly have gained from it).





So I haven't really been working on this project as much I would have liked since I started it a few years ago during Lent. At that time, I had decided that my lenten activity would be faith-based daily blog posts to help me put into words my feelings and views on my Catholic ideals and I think it was a project that worked well for the most part, even though I never really was able to encapsulate my true feelings the way that I hoped. Many things in life are bigger than words.

I am a devout Catholic who has never read the Bible in it's entirety, am an anime and comic book fan, creates similar works in the comic medium, and have recently found that I am extremely fond of Classic Heavy Metal and Hair Metal music (in fact, I'm listening to Holy Diver as I write this). Also, I have few friends who involved in any type of faith and do not know anyone from the parish I attend on a regular basis. I would like to think that there are plenty like me, but a quick Google search last week failed to return any active blogs or articles from anyone.

Thus, I thought it would be a good idea for this post.

I love my faith. I love believing in God and firmly believe that he is all that is good in this world. This is because God is possibility- undefinable, unquantifiable, unending. God is the "if" from which all things originate. He is the universe itself, and the universe outside the universe and the universe outside of that, to the magnitude that nothing even really exists but God.

And yet here I am, writing about a notion I could never truly comprehend; an atom describing the cosmos. But why? Because I can, and because I feel I had to. Because I think God is misunderstood by many because of old words, and because I think perspective is an undervalued treasure. Mostly, though, to share something that makes me happy with others.

I wanted this post to have a larger, more dramatic point to it, but I think that it will merely be serving as the first step toward a hazy goal. This is also in the interest of not making my first post overly long. So for today, I will be stopping here with the expectation of more to come.

Also, please read my comics, GREMLIN WORLD and ZOMBIE SHARK BEAR.

No comments: