Thursday, December 12, 2013

GODZILLA Official Trailer

So, it's been a little while since I've done a non-my-own-stuff post, and this is coming a few days late, but the long awaited trailer for the new GODZILLA movie was released on Tuesday.





I was pleased by it.

I had seen the leaked teaser back in October and thought that it was amazing. So far, I'm really liking the design they've gone with for Godzilla (a Work-In-Progress of which can be seen here and below) and I think the way his roar sounds now is much more menacing and haunting than it had been in the past.

I also appreciate the serious tone embraced by this Godzilla, especially since Final Wars (while one of my favorites) was particularly cheesy, and the fact that Legendary Pictures is committed to making a Godzilla that they hope will be embraced by the Toho canon and hopefully set up the next era of Godzilla films.


Needless to say I'm very excited to see the finished film and have already scheduled May 16, 2014 to be a work-free day for me. Also, I'll be looking forward to the eventual S.H.Monsterarts version of character; especially with this being the biggest version of Godzilla by far, I'm hoping that he will be towering over his past selves. A nice touch would be a simultaneous release with Godzilla '54 (the original).

Thanks to Wikizilla for providing so much info and the picture of 14Goji.

No comments: