Wednesday, March 11, 2015

PALS WITH THE BIG G VOL. 9: A matter of pride

Well now that I am at least 10 days behind, I am going to be redoubling my efforts to post on a regular basis and get caught up before the end of the season. 

So let's cut to the chase!



Today I went to Confession, which is something I have not done in a long, long time. It was a very cathartic experience and I enjoyed it greatly.

The fact that I went was also cathartic in and of itself. In the past I never really put much thought into the sacrament, and so had not made it a habit of going. We go to church to be forgiven for sins after all, right?

But during a conversation on the matter with my cousin, I realized that Confession is actually a very important part of the faith to exercise. It's a practice in letting go of our doubts and sins by talking to them about a stranger, it is an experience that humbles us and leaves us vulnerable. And that release of our pride and willingness to look at the helplessness in ourselves is, I believe, where the real forgiveness for our sins comes from.

No comments: