Monday, March 2, 2015

PALS WITH THE BIG G PART 7: Patience with Faith

Pretty tired today, so we're going to go ahead and dive right in to my topic.



Faith is not an easy thing to cultivate, especially in our age of instant gratification and cynicism; but I can say that it is worth the effort. Like all things worth doing, growing a deeper faith takes patience, desire to achieve, and determination. It also takes a particularly open mind and an acceptance that what you seek may not come about  when or how you want it to, but when God thinks that it is best for you to have it.

It may not be completely obvious that you have what you've been praying for, either. I often find that God gives his gifts in the subtlest of ways, when they're unexpected or just when you've stopped asking for them. Most of the time, we'll get them when we need them the most.

A few months ago, I found myself in great need of some extra money due to spending  more than I should have on Christmas gifts and expensive dinners. I was afraid that I would not be able to pay my bills, so I resorted to selling some of my toy collection to recoup what I needed. I was able to send several figures, but not quite enough since several pieces had not sold. I told myself, "God will provide," despite my fears and the worrying appearance of several unexpected bills during the season. It seemed as though my problems would be insurmountable; but when things seemed the most grim, I found that I had received a bonus on my paycheck that I had not expected and an item that I had been selling with no interested buyers had just closed auction for an a surprisingly high amount. Taking this sudden good fortune into account, I was able to pay my bills easily.

While this may not seem like particularly miraculous act- the auction item was bound to sell at some point, and I had put in the work for the bonus on my check, the fact is I was able to receive what I needed, when I needed it. And to me, this is easily attributed to God's hand helping when He thought I could use it most.


No comments: