Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PALS WITH THE BIG G: Day 40

Okay, so I've been a little behind on my final three posts, this weekend was really busy so I didn't really get a chance to sneak away and write like I thought I would. There was also the matter that the subject matter of days 38 and 39 required a little more thought than I was expecting, and wanting to write something worth reading, I decided it'd be best if I took my time with them.

Anyway, here we are at the final post of my Lent blogging project.




Honestly, I was going to wait until tomorrow to write this post, but after reading something that filled me with artistic zeal, I decided to go ahead and finish up tonight. Originally, the topic of Jesus' Resurrection was going to be discussed in this post, but it felt better to have that subject be the second-to-last post and to finish up with a kind of recap and statement of my personal progress through all this.

I've said it several times over the course of these posts, but one of my main motivations for writing these was to feel more at ease with voicing my opinion and putting my thoughts out in the public forum; and on that note I can say that I have definitely accomplished what I have set out to do. I feel more confident being myself following this project and have made progress with my social anxieties to the point where I can much more easily carry a conversation with other people, which I am very happy about.

This blog has also given me an opportunity to write down things that I'd like to continue working on, such as my issues with motivation and identity, and I fully intend to use these as measuring sticks for continued self improvement.

On a spiritual note, this project really has helped me come to a better understanding of my relationship with God, as well as allowing me to organize and meditate on philosophies that serve as the foundations of my Catholic faith. As I said yesterday, the Lenten mission and the Passion of Jesus seem like fairly straightforward stories, but when trying to really understand the meanings of the actions behind the story, we are taken to a much deeper place. I have never read the Bible, though I certainly intend to, and have been told the my ideas are interesting and practical, and hope that my quest for wisdom is off to a good start.

In closing, I would like to once again reiterate that this will not be my last regliously themed blog post and I will continue to be writing them from time to time ( most likely on Sundays after church). It is my sincere wish that if you have read my posts, they have offered something new for you or have helped you in contemplating your own relationship with God.  God lives in us and through us and all around us. We are never apart and need only to look for him to see him; this blog has helped show me this lesson in a way which I never had thought possible before. In meditating on the road ahead, I hope that we all find strength in this communion and through it, a greater future for the current and coming generations.

God bless!

No comments: