Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SKETCHES! ... and that feeling.

So, the past few days of practice have been good for me. I'm really starting to get quick with these gestures, and have been able to know several of them out in a few seconds. I'm also getting a better eye for balancing my characters and I think soon this foundation will be solid enough for me to move on the the next step of my new training. 



Over the next couple of days, I'll be experimenting with themed sketches such as doing sets of female or male sketches so that I can work on proportion and to make sure that the character silhouettes read appropriately. I'm also going to be alternating between realistic and more stylized proportions so I can begin better integrating this practice into my my manga and cartoon art styles.



As for "that feeling..." I guess that lately my inner monologue has been a bit loud for me. It's not an easy sensation to explain, since I don't know how many other people feel this way, but it's kind of like the thoughts in my head are so loud and distracting that they are actually hindering my progress on things that I'm working on. I briefly touched on this during my Pals With the Big G project, here, and like I said I would, I'm using those old posts as touchstones to mark my progress.

Unfortunately, on this topic I don't think I've made much progress at all. I've resolved to work harder toward being more out going and approaching strangers more often, so I hope that I'll be able to work through whatever's holding me back. Wish me luck!


No comments: