Monday, April 6, 2015

PALS WITH THE BIG G PART 20: To Be Continued...

Well, this is it... the last Lenten post for this year, but as the title implies, I'll still be doing these kinds of posts every now and then, and hopefully this time on a more regular basis than before.





There's still a lot I want to say about my faith life that I didn't get to cover in these 20 posts. In fact, there's still a lot to say about the topics I DID cover... but it always feels as though I'm just scratching the surface of what I'm writing about. When you have faith in your life it is a powerful thing, and I think the best thing about it is that even if you write pages and pages and pages about it, there's always more that can be said about it. It's like talking about your favorite thing... it's always a good time to talk about it, and there's always something to add to the conversation each time it's brought up.

The other thing I love about faith is that it's really one of the few things in life that can't be taken away from you if you really believe. You can lose possessions, loved ones, even your own life- but  no one can take a true believer's faith from them- even if they are forced to say they've given up, somewhere inside themselves that faith remains growing and gaining strength.

As we transition from Lent to Easter seasons, it is my hope that I may continue to learn and grow in faith, to cultivate and improve on what I already have and to live Jesus' love in a truer fashion in what I believe will be the betterment of everybody. The priest that I admire most once said that the equality God sees in humanity is equality through our differences, and that there is no one who is not welcome to our church. I sincerely believe that God talks to everyone in their own time and it is never too late to begin building this faith, and if anything I do can help anyone take those first few steps toward it, that gives me plenty to be hopeful about.

No comments: