Friday, April 3, 2015

PALS WITH THE BIG G PART 13: A Happy Place

Well, here we are Good Friday and I'm still in the low teens with my post count... Pretty disappointed I've only made it this far, but it has been a really, really busy last few months and last time I was doing this project I was able to fully commit to it since it was the only project I had running at the time... Still I really wish I could have done better. Anyway, I'm shooting for ending the Lenten season with 20 posts, which means three today, three tomorrow, and a final post on Easter Sunday.

Let's get started! The first post is going to be simple...




So, being the devout that I am, of course, I believe in Heaven. This is the prize that all Christians aim for, the ultimate reward. But defining it is always difficult- for one thing, no one has ever been able to  prove that they've been there even though we have thousands of near death experience cases reported each year. These are problematic because for one thing, little is known about the causes of a NDE (wouldn't want test subjects to just die on the table) and for another, there's a lot of speculation as to what an NDE actually is.

But what I can say is that I have my idea of what Heaven is, this is what this post is about.

To me, Heaven is a state of being where we are at the same time our best, idealized individual self and at complete oneness with God. This has already been exemplified through Jesus, who was both himself and God and who seeks to show us the way to this complete state of being. Furthermore, through this completeness through God, we will achieve a oneness with all creation, able to truly unify with all of life while still retaining ourselves. Reality will be shaped through this unified state and all that is possible will be made real through thought, and all things will manifest in their perfect state.

At least, that's what I think of when I try to define Heaven.

No comments: