Tuesday, March 12, 2013

FIGUARTS News: Week of March 11, 2013

Each week moving forward, I will be doing a round up of the news on the figure lines I collect. It won't be as comprehensive as a news site like Tomopop, but it should have some information for those interested. To spice it up, I'll also be posting my impressions of said figures along with links to preorders or stores you can buy them from.






Not too much as far as announcements go for Figuarts this week, the only news is that Figuarts Zeros of Kuzan and Nami (age 8) from the recent movie One Piece Film Z and an S.H.Figuarts of Fire Emblem from Tiger and Bunny have been announced and are available for preorder from the Tamashii Web Shop and select collector's shops.

Sadly, I can't say I'm too impressed with the Figuarts Zeros, so I'll be skipping them. It's such a disappointment, too, since the other Film Z Figuarts have all looked really good, especially the Strawhats crew set. On the plus side, the Luffy Battle Version "Red Hawk" Figuarts Zero announced last week looks really good! I did always think that Fire Emblem had a cool design for his super hero suit, but the high heel boots kind of kill it for me. Apparently he has some fire effect parts that aren't pictured here, so I think I'll have to wait and see how those turn out before I can make up my mind on this figure. This is my two cents, here are the pics of the figures to form your own opinion!

S.H. Figuarts Fire Emblem




Fire Emblem will come with three sets of hands, two capes, fire effects and a stand.
While primarily available from Tamashii Web Shop, on this side of the world you can get Fire Emblem from Big In Japan for 5700 yen or Big Bad Toy Store for $98.99.


Figuarts Zero Nami- One Piece Film Z Final Battle Version (8 Years Old)


Nami will feature a stand packed in with the figure.
You can find Nami for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store for $72.99 and Big In Japan for 4200 yen.


Figuarts Zero "Aokiji" Kuzan-One Piece Film Z Version





His accessories will include an alternate face, effects part hand, and a stand.
Aokiji is up for preorder at Big In Japan for 5200 yen and Big Bad Toy Store for $96.99.

Thanks to Tamashii Web for the pics!




















No comments: