Thursday, March 21, 2013

PALS WITH THE BIG G: Day 32

The last few days have seen some set backs since I've been having some trouble figuring out what to write and unfortunately, there hasn't been much toy news to report on either to fill the gap. I've been diligently working on some artwork but it really isn't anything I can show off yet, though I'm hoping to have something finished up later on today.



I suppose the most practical thing for me to write about it is my thoughts on the beginning of Pope Francis' papacy, which be all means look like it is getting off on the right foot. I am so far very pleased with Pope Francis' more down to earth and humble approach to his office. His regalia is more modest than his predecessors, his approach is more personable, and his message is clear and set by example. Pope Francis has made it clear that he intends to get the church back to its principals of love, compassion and peace as evidenced by his immediate outreach to Protestants, Jews, Muslims and the non-religious, and also by his choosing to hold his Holy Thursday Mass in a youth prison, which is a custom he is bringing over from his role as Cardinal. I pray that this promising beginning is the signal of a new, stronger era for the Catholic Church and that he may persevere and make this world a better place.

No comments: